Kemi Omotoyinbo's death was very preventable - Sola Fajana

Dancer Kemi Omotoyinbo died on
October 1st after being in and out of
labour for several days at a private
hospital in Lagos. (Read here).
Wellness doctor, Sola Fajana says
her death was preventable. Read
what he wrote below...

I read about Kemi
Omotoyinbo's death some few
days back and I still feel so
much burden to write about it.

She is a popular dancer and
died during child birth. Her
friends took to social media to
condemn the managing Doctor
on how she was treated and
refusal to perform the surgery
due to unavailability of funds.

If I were the Doctor I would
have gone ahead to save her
life but my concern is why did
her friends keep her there if
they knew she could not afford
it? I mean, 450k is a lot of
money and if you can't afford
it, go to a cheaper facility.
Why toy with your friend's life? I
still know of some centers in Nigeria
that you can get CS done for as low
as 50K.

Again we can't say much because we
don't know what transpired between
both parties.

It is my duty to let you know that
WHEN ACTIVE LABOUR LASTS MORE
THAN 12HOURS, you are placing the
life of the baby or the mother or
both of them at risk. At that point it
is an emergency.

Common reasons you may be
advised to have Emergency Casserian
Section:
1. Distressed foetus.
2. A previous CS scar.
3. Failed induction of Labour.
4. Bleeding or cord prolapse.
5. Scan showing transverse or breech
presentation.
6. Estimated size of baby is too
large.
7. Twin babies are entwined.
8. Baby has a congenital abnormality
such as hydrocephalus.
9. Pelvis is particularly small or an
unusual shape.

Imagine the number of people that
die each day due to such negligence.
It was a death that could have been
prevented
Enjoy the Holiday
Sola FAJANA (Dr)
Your Wellness Strategist

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mortgage calculator and quote

I Want To Avenge My Brother’s Death; 21-Year-Old Man Arrested With Gun In Rivers.