2shotz: M.I is the best rapper in Nigeria

2Shotz in an interview shed light on
his career so far and the Nigerian
music industry. The veteran rapper
spoke on several issues, see excerpts
below,

For some time now, we have not
heard from 2shotz, where have you
been?

I have not actually been far from the
scene, I am still in the scene doing
the same thing that I do. But the fact
is that, people are carried away with
the music of now. Everyone is busy
listening to Davido, Wizkid and the
likes. I have no problem with that.
Things like evolution should occur.
Sometimes, when people say, you
have been away for some time, I
always tell them, I have not.
Everybody is still in the game, it is a
big business I could be eating from
one small angle and I am cool there.

Sometime last month, you were
spotted somewhere in Lekki, what
were you doing there?

I had two projects there then. There
was a movie I was working on then,
the title of the movie which has been
released is, `Estate Runs’.

The movie had Ace, and Annie
Macaulay, was one of my girl friends
in the movie. Even Halima Abubakar
was also there. I was on that and I
was also working on a musical video
there as well. The title of the video is,

`In my room’, where I featured
Ruffcoin. The video is out now.
But, are you really sensitive to
women?

Yes, I am sensitive to women because
I have a wife.
Before you got married, what was
your relationship with women like?
Who does not love women, I don’t
think there is any man that does not
like women. You should therefore be
sensitive to women. But what you
should know is that, you can not
please all. There are some who will
come and eventually become your
enemy, some will come and become
girlfriends and ex-girlfriends. Others
will come and be your very close
friends.

For 13 years now, you have been in
the Nigerian music industry, how
would you describe the industry?

It is what we are trying to make it
look like 13 years back. At least, there
are important things we have now
that were not there 13 years ago.
Which record label are you signed
to now?
I have my own entertainment outfit
called, `Umunna mu ooo’
Entertainment outfit. I am the only
artiste on the label right now.

Are you working on getting more
artistes to the record label?

Right now, it is just all about me
because it is what I want. I used to
always displease myself to please
other people and it held me back.
Now, it is all about me.

Which of your collaborations would
you say is most memorable?

I would say that the most
phenomenal song I did was the
collabo with Timaya, Incase you
never know, which was produced by
Terry G. That song actually took me
to a lot of places. It is my reference
point till date.

So far, how many albums do you
have?

I have five albums so far. My two
best albums so far is my first and
fourth album.

Has there really been any scandal
that has affected your music or
lifestyle?

I have had scandals, you know
2shotz is a controversial artiste.
There is always one controversial
story or the other about me. For the
past one year, it seems some people
are trying to dig out dirt about me
but 2Short is not the kind of artiste
you can put down. Get it right, I am
just like an army.

Is it true that you dated Beverly
Osu?

I would not say that I dated her. We
were just friends. We were cool
kicking it and she did a video for me.

As a rapper, what do you think
makes a good rapper?

I would say, rhyme, rhythm,
articulacy, flow and punch line.
Who would you say is the best
rapper in Nigeria?

I would say it is MI.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mortgage calculator and quote

I Want To Avenge My Brother’s Death; 21-Year-Old Man Arrested With Gun In Rivers.